Indian activist, artist, and model Rehana Fathima is active in several progressive movements. In Kochi, Kerala, India, on May 30th, 1986, she entered the world. Rehana rose to notoriety as an outspoken supporter of women’s rights, gender equality, and the First Amendment.
In 2018, Rehana Fathima made news for her effort to break a centuries-old Hindu taboo that forbids women of menstrual age from accessing the Sabarimala Temple in Kerala. Her actions caused a lively discussion and were met with both praise and condemnation from various quarters of society.
Rehana is an activist and an artist who has worked in performance art, photography, and writing. She has used her work to bring attention to societal concerns and question long-held assumptions.
|Real Name||Rehana Fathima|
|Date of Birth||May 30th, 1986|
|Profession||Activist, Artist, and Model|
The age of Rehana Fathima is 37 years as of now in 2023.
5 feet 7 inches
Rehana Fathima has a BA in chemistry from Kerala, India’s Mahatma Gandhi University. She continued her education at the same institution for her Master’s in Chemistry after finishing her undergraduate degree. While in Kochi, Kerala, Rehana attended Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and graduated with a diploma in journalism.
A devout Muslim family raised Rehana Fathima Pyarijaan Sulaiman. When she was in high school, her father, Pyarijaan Sulaiman, passed away. They are sisters.
BSNL compelled Fathima to retire in May 2020 as a telecommunications technician. Before becoming a feminist, Fathima modeled. Her spouse, poet, and Pune film institute graduate Manoj K Sreedhar, wrote and directed the Malayalam film “Eka,” in which Rehana starred. The film depicts intersex life. “Eka’s posters said, ‘I am intersex,’” said The Quint. Born with a penis and vagina. To live.
Learn more about, May Thai, Numi Zarah, and Emily Addison.
Rehana Fathima is known for her activism on various social issues, particularly focusing on women’s rights, gender equality, and freedom of expression. Her activism often involves challenging societal norms and advocating for marginalized voices. Here are some key aspects of Rehana Fathima’s activism:
- Sabarimala Temple Entry: Rehana gained significant attention for her attempt to enter the Sabarimala Temple in Kerala, India, in 2018. The temple had a centuries-old tradition of prohibiting women of menstruating age from entering. Rehana’s action aimed to challenge this discriminatory practice and raise awareness about gender inequality and religious practices.
- Women’s Empowerment: Rehana actively works towards empowering women and promoting gender equality. She advocates for women’s right to make choices about their bodies, sexuality, and careers. Her activism seeks to challenge patriarchal norms and dismantle gender-based discrimination in society.
- Art as Activism: Rehana utilizes art as a powerful tool for activism. Her artistic works, including performance art, photography, and writing, often address social issues such as feminism, body politics, and sexuality. She uses her art to spark conversations, challenge societal norms, and provoke thought on critical issues.
- LGBTQ+ Rights: Rehana is also an advocate for LGBTQ+ rights in India. She supports the decriminalization of homosexuality and works towards creating a more inclusive and accepting society for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Freedom of Expression: Rehana strongly believes in the importance of freedom of expression and challenges censorship and restrictions on artistic and creative freedom. She speaks out against regressive ideologies that stifle individual expression and works towards creating an environment that encourages open dialogue and dissent.
According to BBC News coverage from November 2018, Fathima was imprisoned for 14 days after police received complaints over a photo she uploaded to Facebook in October 2018. The police received complaints that the photo “was sexually explicit’ and ‘wounded the religious feelings of Lord Ayyappa’s devotees,’” as reported by BBC News.
Gomatha Ularthu video
In November 2020, the Hindustan Times reported that Kerala High Court ordered Rehana Fathima not to use “gomatha” (a common reference to holy or sacred cows) as a synonym for beef because “If it is so believed by several lakhs of Hindus throughout the country.
The use of the term gomatha as a synonym for meat used in a cookery show, prima facie, is likely to wound the religious feelings of those believers,” the court said. After posting a cookery video on social media in May 2020 named “Gomatha Ulurthu” and calling beef “gomatha,” Fathima was heard repeatedly calling meat “gomatha”.
In February 2021, the Supreme Court partially stayed the Kerala High Court order that barred Fathima “from publishing, transmitting, sharing, uploading or disseminating any material or comments through any public visual and electronic media. But directed that the prohibition on her spreading any comment that may affect religious sentiments will continue,” according to The Indian Express.
Read more about, Aubree Valentine, Cali Carter, and Kissa Sins.
Rehana Fathima has been involved in modeling alongside her activism and artistic endeavors. She has participated in various fashion shows and modeling projects, using her platform to promote body positivity and challenge beauty standards.
Rehana has been recognized for her unique and bold style, often breaking conventional norms of fashion and pushing boundaries. She has worked with several photographers and designers, both in India and internationally, to create striking and thought-provoking visual representations.
|Net Worth||20-30 Lakh Rupess|
|Income Sources||Modeling and Business activities|
|Rehana Fathima Instagram||Click Here|
|Rehana Fathima Facebook||Click Here|
|Rehana Fathima Twitter||Click Here|
Who is Rehana Fathima?
Indian activist, model, and artist Rehana Fathima supports progressive and social concerns. Kochi, Kerala, was her birthplace. Rehana was lauded for her work for women’s rights, gender equality, and free speech.
Her 2018 attempt to enter the Sabarimala Temple prompted a dispute about the temple’s menstruation ban. Different groups supported and criticized this resistance.
What is the age of Rehana Fathima?
The age of Rehana Fathima is 37 years ( as of 2023).
When is the Birthday of Rehana Fathima’s?
Rehana Fathima’s birthday is on May 30th, 1986.