Jonathan Bailey is a British actor who has gained fame for his work on stage, television, and film. He is perhaps best known for his roles in popular TV shows and films. Bailey has appeared in several successful British television series, including “Broadchurch,” “Doctor Who,” “W1A,” and “Crashing.” un.”
Jonathan Bailey Biography / Wiki
Jonathan Bailey was born on April 25, 1988, in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, England. He grew up in Oxfordshire and attended the independent boys’ school Magdalen College School in Oxford.
Jonathan Bailey Age
As per Jonathan Bailey’s date of birth, his age is 34 years (as of now, in 2023).
Jonathan Bailey Height and Weight
Jonathan Bailey’s height is about 5 feet 8 inches and his weight is approximately 76 kg.
Jonathan Bailey Bridgerton (tv series)
Jonathan Bailey is best known for his role as Anthony Bridgerton in the Netflix series “Bridgerton”. The show, which is based on the popular book series by Julia Quinn, follows the lives and romances of the Bridgerton family in Regency-era London.
Bailey’s performance in “Bridgerton” has earned him critical acclaim and a dedicated fanbase. He is set to reprise his role as Anthony Bridgerton in the show’s second season, which is currently in production.
Jonathan Bailey began his acting career as a child actor in 1995, at the age of seven, when he appeared in the West End production of the musical “Oliver!” at the London Palladium. He continued to act on stage throughout his childhood and teenage years, appearing in productions of “The Lady in the Van,” “The School for Scandal,” and “South Downs,” among others.
In 2007, Bailey made his television debut in an episode of the BBC series “Doctors.” He went on to appear in several other British TV shows, including “Agatha Christie’s Marple,” “Midsomer Murders,” and “Silent Witness.”
Bailey also continued to work on stage during this time, appearing in productions of “King Lear” and “South Pacific” in the West End, and in the National Theatre’s production of “Othello.”
Throughout the 2000s and early 2010s, Bailey worked steadily in both television and theater, building a reputation as a talented and versatile actor with a bright future ahead of him.
Rising popularity and breakthrough
Jonathan Bailey has been building his acting career for several years, but it was his breakout role in the Netflix period drama “Bridgerton” that propelled him to new heights of popularity and recognition.
Bailey had already gained some attention for his work on stage and screen, but “Bridgerton” quickly became a cultural phenomenon and introduced him to a much wider audience. His portrayal of Anthony Bridgerton, the eldest son of the Bridgerton family, won praise for its complexity and depth, and Bailey became a fan favorite almost overnight.
Since the release of “Bridgerton,” Bailey’s career has continued to rise, with several high-profile projects on the horizon. He is set to star in the upcoming Netflix series “The Last Days of Marilyn Monroe,” in which he will play actor and Monroe confidant Joe DiMaggio. He has also been cast in the upcoming film “Persuasion,” based on the Jane Austen novel of the same name.
Jonathan Bailey is a British actor who has had a successful career in stage, in film, and television. He trained at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London and began his acting career in the mid-2000s.
Bailey’s early work included stage productions, such as “South Downs” and “Flare Path,” as well as small roles in television shows like “Doctor Who” and “Broadchurch.”
In 2016, Bailey appeared in the BBC sitcom “W1A,” playing the role of Jack Patterson. He also starred in the comedy-drama series “Crashing,” which aired on Channel 4 in 2016.
Bailey has also appeared in several films, including “Five Children and It” (2004), “St Trinian’s 2: The Legend of Fritton’s Gold” (2009), and “The Mercy” (2018).
However, Bailey is perhaps best known for his role as Anthony Bridgerton in the Netflix period drama series “Bridgerton.” The show, which premiered in 2020, was a huge hit with audiences and critics alike, and Bailey’s portrayal of the charming but troubled Anthony earned him widespread praise.
Learn more about, Anthony Bass and Evans Chebet
Jonathan Bailey has demonstrated his versatility as an actor by appearing in a wide range of TV series and films, and he has gained a reputation as a talented performer with a bright future ahead of him.
- In 2013, he appeared in the British TV drama series “Broadchurch” as Olly Stevens.
- In 2015, he played the role of Psi in the long-running British TV series “Doctor Who.”
- In 2017, he appeared in the comedy series “W1A” as Jack Patterson.
- In the same year, he also starred in the comedy series “Crashing” as Sam.
- In 2019, he appeared in the TV miniseries “Les Misérables” as Enjolras.
- In 2020, he gained widespread recognition for his portrayal of Anthony Bridgerton in the Netflix period drama series “Bridgerton.”
- “The North Water” (2021): Bailey starred as the character Sumner in the BBC Two mini-series “The North Water,” based on the novel by Ian McGuire.
- “Inside No. 9” (2022): Bailey appeared in an episode of the dark comedy anthology series “Inside No. 9,” created by Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton.
- In 2017, he appeared in the film “The Mercy,” which tells the story of the yachtsman Donald Crowhurst.
- In 2018, he appeared in “The First Men in the Moon,” a science fiction film directed by Damon Thomas.
- In 2018, he played a supporting role in the comedy film “Entebbe.”
- In 2018, he also appeared in the horror film “The Nun” as Father Burke.
- “The Personal History of David Copperfield” (2019) – Bailey played the role of Uriah Heep in this film adaptation of Charles Dickens’s classic novel.
Jonathan Bailey is known to be involved in various charitable works and has used his platform as a famous actor to raise awareness about important social issues.
One of the charitable organizations that Bailey has supported is the Albert Kennedy Trust, a UK-based charity that provides support and housing to homeless LGBTQ+ youth. Bailey is an ambassador for the charity and has spoken publicly about the importance of supporting vulnerable youth in the community.
Bailey has also been involved in various campaigns to promote mental health awareness and to reduce the stigma around mental illness. He has shared his own experiences with anxiety and depression in order to encourage others to seek help and support.
In addition, Bailey has used his public profile to raise awareness about environmental issues and to promote sustainable living. He has spoken out about the importance of taking action to address climate change and has encouraged his fans and followers to make changes in their own lives to reduce their carbon footprint.
Jonathan Bailey has received widespread critical acclaim and worldwide recognition for his work in both theater and on screen. Bailey’s most famous role to date is his portrayal of Anthony Bridgerton in the Netflix period drama series “Bridgerton,” which has been a massive hit with audiences around the world.
Bailey’s performance in the show has received widespread critical acclaim, with many reviewers praising his ability to bring depth and complexity to the character of Anthony.
Bailey has also received critical acclaim for his work on stage. He has appeared in several successful West End productions, including “American Psycho” and “The Last Five Years,” and has received numerous award nominations for his performances.
In addition to his work in acting, Bailey has also been recognized for his advocacy on behalf of the LGBTQ+ community. He has been open about his own experiences as a gay man in the entertainment industry and has used his platform to speak out about issues affecting the community.
Jonathan Bailey has had a successful theatre career, performing in a number of productions in the UK.
Some of his notable theatre performances include:
- “South Downs/The Browning Version” – In 2012, Bailey appeared in the Chichester Festival Theatre productions of “South Downs” and “The Browning Version,” both written by Terence Rattigan.
- “American Psycho: The Musical” – In 2013, Bailey starred in the original West End production of “American Psycho: The Musical,” based on the novel by Bret Easton Ellis.
- “Othello” – In 2014, Bailey played the role of Cassio in a production of Shakespeare’s “Othello” at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield.
- “The Last Five Years” – In 2016, Bailey starred in a revival of the musical “The Last Five Years” at the St. James Theatre in London.
- “Company” – In 2018, Bailey appeared in a production of Stephen Sondheim’s musical “Company” at the Gielgud Theatre in London, playing the role of Jamie.
- “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” – In 2019, Bailey played the role of Demetrius in a production of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” at the Bridge Theatre in London.
- “Cinderella” – In 2021, Bailey played Prince Charming in a production of “Cinderella” at the Gillian Lynne Theatre in London.
- In 2022, he worked in the Cock as John.
Awards and Nominations
Jonathan has received several awards and nominations for his work as an actor. Here are some of his most notable accolades:
- In 2011, Bailey won the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the West End play “Company.”
- In 2012, he was nominated for a What’s On Stage Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Musical for his performance in “South Downs.”
- In 2013, he was nominated for a WhatsOnStage Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Play for his performance in “American Psycho.”
- In 2016, Bailey won a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for his work on the TV series “Broadchurch.”
- In 2021, he was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for his work on the Netflix series “Bridgerton.”
- Bailey has also been nominated for a number of other awards, including a British Independent Film Award, a Critics’ Choice Television Award, and an International Emmy Award.
Jonathan Bailey Family
Jonathan Stuart Bailey was born on 25 April 1988 in Wallingford, to an audiologist mother, and Rowse Honey managing director father.
Jonathan Bailey Girlfriend
Jonathan Bailey is a private person when it comes to his personal life, and he does not often speak publicly about his relationships. As such, there is no confirmed dating history for Jonathan Bailey.
Bailey is openly gay and has spoken publicly about his support for LGBTQ+ rights and visibility in the entertainment industry. However, he has not publicly discussed any current or past romantic relationships.
- Bailey was born on April 25, 1988, in Oxfordshire, England.
- He attended the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London, where he studied acting.
- Bailey made his acting debut in 2011 in the television series “Leonardo,” in which he played the role of Leonardo da Vinci’s assistant.
- He has appeared in a number of stage productions, including “South Downs” and “The Last Five Years.”
- Bailey has also acted in several popular television shows, such as “Broadchurch,” “W1A,” and “Crashing.”
- In addition to his work on screen and stage, Bailey has also lent his voice to several audiobooks and radio productions.
- He is openly gay and has been an advocate for LGBTQ+ rights.
- Bailey has described himself as a huge fan of the Harry Potter books and films.
- He is an ambassador for the charity Acting for Others, which supports those working in the performing arts who are facing financial hardship due to illness or injury.
- Bailey’s breakout role came in 2020 when he was cast as Anthony Bridgerton in the Netflix series “Bridgerton,” which became a massive international hit.
Jonathan Bailey’s Net Worth
Jonathan Bailey’s net worth as of now, in 2023 is summed to be about 10-14 million USD. The crucial part of his earning is valid from his profession as an actor and other business activities as well.
|Does Jonathan Bailey, Consume Alcohol?||Not Disclosed|
|Does he, Smoke?||Yes|
|Does he, Drive?||Yes|
|Does Jonathan Bailey, Swims?||Yes|
|Does he know cooking?||Yes|
|Is he a Yoga Practitioner?||Yes|
|Is Jonathan Bailey a Jogger?||Yes|
|Eating Habit?||Not Disclosed|
Who is Jonathan Bailey?
Jonathan Bailey is a British actor who has worked in a variety of stage, television, and film productions. Bailey has appeared in several popular TV series, including “Broadchurch,” “Doctor Who,” “W1A,” “Crashing,” and most recently, “Bridgerton,” where he played the role of Anthony Bridgerton.
Is Jonathan Bailey married?
He is presently unmarried.
What is the age of Jonathan Bailey?
The age of Jonathan Bailey is 34 years ( as of 2023).
When is the Birthday of Jonathan Bailey?
Jonathan Bailey’s birthday is on April 25, 1988.
What is the Zodiac Sign of Jonathan Bailey?
The Zodiac Sign of Jonathan Bailey is Taurus.
How tall is Jonathan Bailey?
Jonathan Bailey is 5 feet 8 inches tall.
Where is Jonathan Bailey from?
Jonathan Bailey is from England.
How much is the net worth of Jonathan Bailey?
As of now in 2023, the net worth of Jonathan is estimated to be around 10-14 million USD.