Mozhan Marno is an Iranian-American actress, writer, and director who is known for her work in both film and television. She has gained popularity for her roles in several high-profile TV series, including “The Blacklist,” “House of Cards,” and “Madam Secretary.”
Beyond her work in the entertainment industry, Marno is also known for her activism and advocacy work. She has been a vocal supporter of human rights and gender equality, particularly in her home country of Iran.
Mozhan Marno Biography / Wiki
Mozhan Marno was born on May 3, 1980, in Los Angeles, California, but spent most of her childhood in Germany and Iran. She later moved to the United States and earned a degree in German and French literature from Barnard College in New York City.
After graduating from Barnard, Marno pursued an acting career and began studying at the Yale School of Drama. She received her Master of Fine Arts degree from Yale in 2004 and has since appeared in a number of film, television, and stage productions.
Mozhan Marno Age
As per Mozhan Marno’s date of birth, his age is 42 years (as of now, in 2023).
Mozhan Marno Height and Weight
Mozhan Marno’s height is about 5 Feet 8 Inches and his weight is approximately 64 kg.
Mozhan Marno’s television career began in 2006 when she appeared in an episode of the crime drama series “Law & Order: Criminal Intent.” She went on to have guest roles on several other television shows, including “The Mentalist,” “Bones,” and “The Unit.”
Marno’s breakthrough role came in 2013 when she was cast as the recurring character Samar Navabi on the NBC crime thriller series “The Blacklist.” She appeared in the series for five seasons and became a fan favorite.
In addition to her acting work, Marno has also written for several television shows. She joined the writing staff of “The Blacklist” in 2016 and has written several episodes of the show. She has also written for the series “Ozark” and “Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan.”
In 2015, Marno joined the cast of the Netflix political drama series “House of Cards,” playing the character Ayla Sayyad. She also appeared in the CBS political drama series “Madam Secretary” from 2016 to 2019, playing the character Jocelyn Lattimer.
Recently in 2021 and 2022, Mozhan appeared as cast in Pam & Tommy and Fleishman Is in Trouble and functioned in the role of Gail Chwatsky.
Her television works are also credited with a few other successful appearances.
- “The Blacklist” (2013-2018): Marno played the character Samar Navabi, a Mossad agent turned FBI agent who works alongside Raymond “Red” Reddington (James Spader) and the FBI’s task force.
- “House of Cards” (2015-2016): Marno portrayed Ayla Sayyad, a journalist who works for a news organization in the show’s fifth and sixth seasons.
- “Madam Secretary” (2016-2017): Marno appeared in several episodes of this political drama series as an Iranian-American nuclear scientist named Elise Fox.
- In 2020 she portrayed the role of Petra for 3 episodes of Maid.
Marno has also appeared in guest roles on other television shows, including “Bones,” “Medium,” and “CSI: NY.” Her performances on these shows have been widely praised, and she has gained a reputation as a talented and versatile actress.
Mainstream film acting
Apart from television acting Mozhan has also worked in a few mainstream films. She made her feature film debut in the 2008 political thriller “Traitor,” starring Don Cheadle. She then went on to appear in the critically acclaimed drama “The Stoning of Soraya M.,” which was based on a true story and received several awards at international film festivals.
Marnò has also appeared in other films such as “Charlie Wilson’s War,” “August,” “Buenos Aires 1977,” and “A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night.” In 2018, she starred in the independent film “Maryam,” which was directed by her sister, Soudabeh Marnò.
In 2019, Mozhan reside the role of Doctor Cyber in an action thriller-based film Wonder Woman: Bloodlines.
Marnò’s performances in these films have been praised by critics and have demonstrated her versatility as an actress. She has also worked as a writer and director on a number of short films, showing her skills extend beyond acting.
Also Read, Madison Beer and Olyalarosh
Notable Awards and Nominations
Mozhan Marnò is an Iranian-American actress, playwright, and director who has received recognition for her work in the entertainment industry. Here are some of her notable awards and nominations:
- In 2005, Marnò won the Best Actress Award at the Noor Iranian Film Festival for her role in the movie “Pomegranate.”
- In 2007, she was nominated for a Helen Hayes Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress for her role in “The Night of the Iguana” at the Round House Theatre.
- In 2010, Marnò won the Best Actress Award at the Short Film Festival in Cologne, Germany for her role in the movie “Tuesday After Christmas.”
- In 2014, she was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for her work in the TV series “The Blacklist.”
- In 2015, Marnò was nominated for an IRIS Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her work in the movie “A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night.”
- In 2018, she won the Best Actress Award at the Iranian Film Festival New York for her role in the movie “The Luminous.”
- In 2020, Marnò was nominated for an Ovation Award for Best Lead Actress in a Play for her role in “Language Rooms” at the Fountain Theatre in Los Angeles.
Mozhan Marnò was born on May 3, 1980, in Los Angeles, California, to an Iranian family. Her parents are both Iranian immigrants, and she was raised in a Persian-speaking household. However, she has not shared much information publicly about her family or personal life, and it is not clear if she has any siblings. Marnò has stated in interviews that her family left Iran before the 1979 revolution and that she has a strong connection to her Iranian heritage, which has influenced her work as an actress and writer.
She is presently married to Warren Z.
As of now in 2023, the net worth of Mozhhan is summed to be about, 5-10 million USD. The crucial sources of income are valid from brand promotions, acting and other business ventures.
|Does Mozhan Marno, Consume Alcohol?||Not Disclosed|
|Does she, Smoke?||Not Disclosed|
|Does she, Drive?||Yes|
|Does Mozhan Marno, Swims?||Yes|
|Does she know cooking?||Yes|
|Is she a Yoga Practitioner?||Yes|
|Is Mozhan Marno a Jogger?||Yes|
|Eating Habit?||Not Disclosed|
Who is Mozhan Marno?
Mozhan Marnò is an Iranian-American actress, writer, and director. She was born on May 3, 1980, in Los Angeles, California, and raised in a Persian-speaking household. She is best known for her role as Samar Navabi on the hit television series “The Blacklist.”
Is Mozhan Marno married?
She is presently married to Warren Z.
What is the age of Mozhan Marno?
The age of Mozhan Marno is 42 years ( as of 2023).
When is the Birthday of Mozhan Marno?
Mozhan Marno’s birthday is on May 3, 1980.
What is the Zodiac Sign of Mozhan Marno?
The Zodiac Sign of Mozhan Marno is Taurus.
How tall is Mozhan Marno?
Mozhan Marno is 5 Feet 8 Inches tall.
Where is Mozhan Marno from?
Mozhan Marno is from Los Angeles, California, U.S.
How much is the net worth of Mozhan Marno?
As of now in 2023, the net worth of Mozhan Marno is summed to be about, 5-10 million USD.